Chairemergency Evacuation Chairs for Hospital
* Evac chair can be operated by one person to evacuate an individual down stairs, is made from aluminum alloy, and weighs 19 lb.
* It uses a system of belts mounted on two elongated tracks that allows the chair to balance and glide on the edge of the stairs while creating friction to slow momentum.
* This places most of the weight on the edge of the stairs, relieving the operator from bearing the entire weight of the individual.
* The belts slide over at least two stairs at a time, providing a smooth descent.
* Two 6" wheels allow pivoting and maneuvering on landings.
* An extension handle allows the operator to control the chair from behind and above the individual.
* The sling-style seat lowers the individual's center of gravity and cradles the individual securely.
* One 2" safety belt tightens across the waist and chest, and one padded safety belt tightens across the forehead